Raven-Woods Forum

A site made by and for fans of good simulation games.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

I am here to help you!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zak
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-06-29

PostSubject: I am here to help you!   22/12/10, 03:33 pm

lmao I think i have somewhat enough experience, so if you have any type of questions related to LION ask them here Smile
I belive few if none at all don't play lion because (besides the sound) they do not know how to actually play it. It is somewhat harder than WOLF.
Some basic things:
Like a Star @ heaven The strongest lion is Hercules (Bob too) and the strongest lioness is MauMau.
Like a Star @ heaven There is no mating season. The lionesses are in heat after the cubs grow (or at the beginning of the game).
Like a Star @ heaven A male lion can mate with ALL the females in it's pride.
Like a Star @ heaven A male lion can take over a pride by attacking one (or all) male(s) in another pride.
Like a Star @ heaven Some may think mating once is enough... WRONG, you gotta mate untill the opposite gender refuses all the time.
Like a Star @ heaven It takes alot of time for the cubs to grow up , using fast time will speed up the cub's growth or birth without affecting them. Pregnancy takes roughly 60-90 days, growing may take about 600-700 more or less.
Like a Star @ heaven Yes you can kill a masai and poachers too. Is it recommended? NO. They are hard to kill, and if they injure you, they will kill you.
Like a Star @ heaven Ever noticed the pride doesn't hunt with you no matter what? If you want additional help (they will eat too after the kill) make sure you're hungry and put it on autoplay, the whole pride will hunt not just you, they also will eat from it (hunting small prey means it will finish if there are many lions in the pride, as they eat from it like they were starving lol)
Like a Star @ heaven Unlike WOLF, you gotta press Z to get to the map , not M.
Like a Star @ heaven Killing hyenas is easy! Lure one out of it's pack and it will no longer try to attack you so you can kill it. NEVER attack a whole pack of hyenas, they will kill you.
Like a Star @ heaven It's not the male/female initiating the mating process, it's you
Like a Star @ heaven For those who don't know how to mate: Get as close as possible, and put the cursor over the lion(ess), make sure the actual cursor is there, not it's shadow, otherwise your lion will start to crouch, just move to get out of the crouch. Now all you gotta do is double click. Keep double clicking. If you mated , just leave, eventually go drink or eat if there's a carcass, all the stats gotta be full all the time e.o. Then just go back a little later, and start over, that should do.
Like a Star @ heaven Yes, if your a lioness you can roll over by clicking U. I was testing the keyboard buttons, and while i was sitting i clicked U and the lioness rolled over on her back. But she may not do that at all, or rarely e.o.
Like a Star @ heaven Don't stay too far away from a water source. The lions (including the cubs) may return to a carcass that's far away, but will not come to a water source if it's far away, so you gotta go back from time to time to that river/watering hole if you see any lion(ess) thirsty, especially if you stay away from it (you will find quite alot of prey far away from the water, aswell as other lions and humans). Watering holes only fill up during rainy seasons when it rains alot.
Please ask anything else you want to know :3

Last edited by Zak on 24/12/10, 01:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HappygirlXD

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-11-28

PostSubject: Re: I am here to help you!   23/12/10, 06:37 pm

Thanks for this. I'm beggining to like LION much more than WOLF.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.warriorterritory.webs.com/
Zak
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester

PostSubject: Re: I am here to help you!   24/12/10, 01:37 pm

HappygirlXD wrote:
Thanks for this. I'm beggining to like LION much more than WOLF.
so agreeing with you Razz , it may be just me since i'm more of a feline person and that's the only feline rpg but i could say it's more challenging and got a few more things than wolf (which includes the fact that the female will not stop following u after mating or that both the male and female can lead lmao, also that pups don't have to stay in one place at all the time). Wink

New thing: I'm not very sure what happens to the surplus of cubs, mine grew up while i was mixed with another pride (which on the map was very hard to see which is which, there were a total of 9-10 lions including the cubs, but i think they left as soon as they grew. I'm still curious about something, it says you can kill cubs, does that mean other prides can also have cubs? because i haven't really seen them have any. (i have 2 prides walking around, i stumbled across them a ton of times, one is made of 2 females, the other is made of seemed to be 2 males and 2-3 females, i've seen though a dead lioness body on the ground, and they seemed to have now 3 males and 1 female. There seems to be one fact known: they do hunt too, they can get killed too, i don't suggest u attack other prides too often, i ended up with the whole pride injuried (lmao yeah my bad i attacked them with all the members @-@), and my pride is made of the strongest lion and lioness, and their cubs. (you can mate the father to his cubs and viceversa LOL). So yes, unline WOLF, the cubs don't fight with eachother, they just leave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scarikas

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-08-31

PostSubject: Re: I am here to help you!   08/01/11, 05:49 am

I got hit in the face by a giraffe once :/ It hurt. I just stalked another lioness all day until she killed something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zak
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester

PostSubject: Re: I am here to help you!   08/01/11, 10:09 am

Scarikas wrote:
I got hit in the face by a giraffe once :/ It hurt. I just stalked another lioness all day until she killed something.
Yeah any animal even warthogs (not sure if i spelled it right) can injure you, it happens from time to time, more likely to lions that arent very strong or hasn't got a high endurance. Though there's a simple way of recovering, choose another lion from the pride, fast time and voila ;P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aska

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-01-12

PostSubject: Re: I am here to help you!   19/01/11, 09:15 pm

onli problem is that LION hasnt got sound Exclamation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zak
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester

PostSubject: Re: I am here to help you!   19/01/11, 09:54 pm

Dussana wrote:
onli problem is that LION hasnt got sound Exclamation
yes i know, the only way of getting sounds is either buying the Lion ISO which can be found in a ton of places, or find someone who has it and is willing to give it to you, though i don't mind it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aska

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-01-12

PostSubject: Re: I am here to help you!   19/01/11, 09:55 pm

what is ISO?xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zak
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester

PostSubject: Re: I am here to help you!   19/01/11, 09:57 pm

Dussana wrote:
what is ISO?xD
it's like a erm, virtual CD or so =P can be opened with Virtual drive managers (such as PowerISO)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ambaralis

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2011-04-02

PostSubject: Re: I am here to help you!   07/04/11, 01:11 am

there is another problem with LION.... not much to do when your full and not thirsty.... i know you can do that time fast thing but it gets kinda boring.... thats why i like WOLF better than LION. You constantly have to be on the move.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://coorojaden.deviantart.com/
Zak
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester

PostSubject: Re: I am here to help you!   07/04/11, 06:24 pm

Ambaralis wrote:
there is another problem with LION.... not much to do when your full and not thirsty.... i know you can do that time fast thing but it gets kinda boring.... thats why i like WOLF better than LION. You constantly have to be on the move.

yes infact its true, here the true challenge is actually for most just plain mating, LION is furthermore based on alot of realism, as in wolf leaving the game on and unpaused for even as little as 2-3 mins, would kill your wolf, on the other side, LION can be left even 10 mins, not draining the hunger/thirst bar that much, reason of why they implemented the time skipping buttons, because i'd be a pain waiting for ages just for a single day to pass, but unlike wolf, lion gives a higher challenge when it comes to mating, since in wolf, u can just sleep all day long and wait , cuz the mate just comes to you hehe. It's true after a while lion gets overly boring
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ambaralis

PostSubject: Re: I am here to help you!   07/04/11, 06:31 pm

true but in wolf if you stay in one place fore too long hunters come after you Neutral
Back to top Go down
Zak
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester

PostSubject: Re: I am here to help you!   08/04/11, 06:07 pm

Ambaralis wrote:
true but in wolf if you stay in one place fore too long hunters come after you Neutral
infact not really, hunters walk all over randomly, as for helicopters and planes, i belive that they respawn each morning, as they always seem to appear almost everyday, in Lion its rare infact, but when a hunter car passes over, it kills u without giving u a chance to escape (killed me twice, without sound theres no way to prevent it)
Also talking about wolf, u can just avoid the hunters and return to the exact same place without too much effort Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ambaralis

PostSubject: Re: I am here to help you!   09/04/11, 06:47 pm

Oh.... well i guess I'm just unlucky :/
Back to top Go down
Zak
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester

PostSubject: Re: I am here to help you!   09/04/11, 08:32 pm

Ambaralis wrote:
Oh.... well i guess I'm just unlucky :/
who knows, theres the chance of them respawning nearby your wolf everyday too, just like helicopters, but since ive ever started playing WOLF ive always stood only nearby carcasses till they dissapeared and slept all the time, and except for minor cases, humans didnt disturb me most of it, and all i had to do is move away from their way and they would soon head further in the way they were headed, leaving me alone, but yeah, thats not really the topic for talking about wolf xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ambaralis

PostSubject: Re: I am here to help you!   09/04/11, 10:47 pm

OOPS! sorry... forgot this was on LION. and i also have a question about lion. Is there any way to kill an elephant? or maybe their calf of they have any?
Back to top Go down
Zak
Beta-Tester
Beta-Tester

PostSubject: Re: I am here to help you!   12/04/11, 05:58 pm

Ambaralis wrote:
OOPS! sorry... forgot this was on LION. and i also have a question about lion. Is there any way to kill an elephant? or maybe their calf of they have any?
lol as far as i know, nope, neither rhinos ( i wouldnt try it xD i think i got hurt last time i tried) or hippos, those seem to be just for the heck of realism
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cebana
Support
Support

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: I am here to help you!   13/04/11, 01:50 am

If you had maybe 5+ more lions. Then maybe, but other wise it seems unlikely.

Though is the pride cap what the game gives you in the selection screen? Always wondered about that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.livestream.com/twischannel
EdgeOfDesire

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-07-09

PostSubject: Re: I am here to help you!   11/07/11, 03:36 am

This game needs to work D:<

Everytime i get on it, it works perfectly, but after i choose the lions i want in my pride and click 'continue' it closes and DOSbox has those letters and symbols or whatever!!

can someone PLEASE help me?? i tried reinstalling it from a different place and it still won't work!! confused

Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cebana
Support
Support

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: I am here to help you!   11/07/11, 03:59 am

EdgeOfDesire wrote:
This game needs to work D:<

Everytime i get on it, it works perfectly, but after i choose the lions i want in my pride and click 'continue' it closes and DOSbox has those letters and symbols or whatever!!

can someone PLEASE help me?? i tried reinstalling it from a different place and it still won't work!! confused

Mad Mad

Wrong place to ask. Please use the Support section.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.livestream.com/twischannel
ladybird

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-04-17

PostSubject: Re: I am here to help you!   18/04/14, 11:45 pm

how do you complete the scenario Mau Mau's Temptation? the goal is to kill two cows, but when I kill one the masai herdsman hunts me down and kills me. but if I try to kill the masai first I cant, I just end up being killed. what do I do?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kouga
Programmer
Programmer

Number of posts : 674
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: I am here to help you!   19/04/14, 09:02 am

^,^ I'm not too familiar with the scenario.. but can't you just swap the pride member?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wolf-forum.forumh.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am here to help you!   

Back to top Go down

I am here to help you!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Raven-Woods Forum :: Sanctuary Woods :: LION :: General Talk-
Jump to: